REMINDER OF NEXT MEETING
Please consider joining us at our next meeting of
our Grandparents Association on Saturday,
February 26 in the social hall from 10-11 AM.
Wise and faith-filled grandparents are
part of God’s plan. They are carriers of faith,
traditions, morals and values. Grandparents are
living examples and can be a tremendous witness to their grandchildren.
Not all grandchildren are being brought up in the faith of their
grandparents and this may be challenging. Still,
the subtle example of grandparents living their
faith can be a powerful influence.
Grandparents teach faith by all that they do
– Praying for their grandchildren
– Telling Bible Stories
-Sharing stories of the lives of God’s
– Doing good works
– Creating Christian traditions in the home
– Teaching prayers – both traditional and
– Praying at mealtimes
– Displaying religious pictures/symbols
in their homes
– Providing books that tell stories of God
and his people
– Taking grandchildren to church
Share and Discuss
1. How are you a spiritual guide for your
2. How do you share and teach faith to them?
3. What Christian traditions have you
established in your home?
4. What Christian traditions are being carried out
in the homes of your grandchildren?
“The Grand Adventure A New Call to Grandparenting” Family
Movement 2011 pp.15